Lawyer - drops for cats from fleas: instructions, reviews
Domestic animals often suffer from a variety of parasites: fleas, subcutaneous mites, intestinal nematodes, causing various diseases. Help a beloved animal can modern drug "Advocate". Drops for cats have an antiparasitic effect, they are used not only as a remedy, but also for preventive purposes.
Description and action of the drug
Domestic cats in the summer often quite often go with the owners to the country or rest, where they can catch fleas, any other parasites that cause various skin diseases. Therefore, the task of each breeder is to protect his pet from insects or to get rid of them promptly if the infection has already occurred.
In this caring owner will help a modern and effective tool "Advocate", which is an insectoacaricide drug, available in the form of drops, suitable not only for cats, but for dogs.
The action of the medicine is based on the fact that it possesses an antiparasitic effect, actively destroys fleas, lice, worm eaters, adversely affects various types of mites (sarcopthoid, demodectic), in addition, it fights intestinal nematodes. The drug is prescribed for such diseases as dirofiljarioz, otodekoz, sarcoptosis, demodekoz.
Form of issuance of funds
The medicine is issued in the form of a clear solution, which has a yellowish or brown color. The preparation is packaged in propylene pipettes of various capacities, which, in turn, are packed in foil blisters. "Lawyer", drops for cats, are sold in cardboard boxes, which depict pets.
Composition of the medicinal product
The preparation under consideration consists of two main components, which have a harmful effect on insects. It:
- Imidacloprid - has a penetrating ability in the receptors of arthropods, leading to a violation of the transmission of nerve impulses, which causes parasites paralysis and further death.
- Moxidectin - a semi-synthetic compound that is part of the milbemycin group, destroys the connection of muscle tissue with the nervous system of insects.
"Advocate", drops on the withers for cats, in its composition have the following additional substances: propylene carbonate, benzyl alcohol, butylhydroxytoluene.
Instructions for use of the medicinal product
Drops are used for external use. For the effect of the drug to be effective, the following recommendations should be considered:
- the medicine drips into the place where the animal can not get it and lick, so it is recommended to apply the drug on the withers, between the shoulder blades;
- the skin of the cat should not have any damage, should be dry and clean;
- before use, the pet's fur is spread and dripped directly onto the skin;
- keep the pipette with the drug in a vertical position, before use, remove the cap and pierce the protective film on the nozzle.
Dosage for cats is calculated from the weight of the animal. Drops "Advocate", instructions for the use of which is in each package, apply as follows:
- for cats with a body weight of up to 4 kg, a dosage equal to 0.4 ml is used;
- an animal from 4 to 8 kg should receive 0.8 ml;
- a pet weighing more than 8 kg will choose the appropriate combination of pipettes with the medicine.
To treat fleas and lice, the drug is dripped once a month until the parasites completely disappear. With an ear mite and other skin diseases, the medicine is used once, the course can be repeated only after 5 weeks. For the treatment of sarcoptic and demodectic "Advocate", drops for cats are applied twice with an interval of 28-30 days.
It is important to remember that only an expert can prescribe the exact course of treatment, therefore, before using the drug, it is necessary to get a consultation from a veterinarian.
Considered drops have contraindications, which are important to consider before starting the application:
- the preparation is categorically forbidden to kittens up to 9 weeks old, sick, convalescent animals;
- cats weighing less than a kilogram, pregnant and lactating pets can be treated only under the supervision of a veterinarian;
- do not wet the animal for 4 weeks after application;
- it is forbidden to combine "Advocate", drops for cats, with other medicines containing antiparasitic macrolides;
- use only externally, you can not drip it into your ears, if you get into the oral mucosa, no special treatment is required.
During the day, do not overly iron the animal, after contact with it you need to wash your hands, you should not allow it to communicate with the pet of children.
Side effects of the drug does not cause, rarely possible reactions in the form of redness, itching, which usually take place within a few days and additional treatment does not require.
Cost of medicinal product
The considered preparation has very high quality, its efficiency is proved by many breeders of animals, therefore its cost is completely justified. For cats up to 4 kg, the "Advocate" drops are used, the average price is 900 rubles, for an animal up to 8 kg - 1000 rubles.
High cost is compensated by the following advantages:
- high efficiency;
- quality guaranteed by the leading company in the veterinary field;
- a wide range of therapeutic action.
Drops "Advocate": reviews of breeders of cats
This drug is very well established among the owners of not only cats and dogs, but also other pets: rabbits, ferrets.
Breeders note the following positive characteristics of such a tool as "Advocate" (drops on the withers for cats):
- ease of use, the drug is easily applied, does not require the use of force to the animal;
- rapid action, fleas completely die within a few days;
- absence of unpleasant odor;
- complex treatment of various parasites;
- has no side effects, does not cause allergic reactions;
- packaging in the form of a pipette allows you to correctly calculate and monitor the dosage.
Considered drops from fleas for cats, whose reviews have mostly only positive characteristics, have only one drawback - too high a price. However, breeders note that the medicine justifies its value, it is certainly qualitative and effective.
Thus, to protect the pet at any time of the year, especially in the summer, when the animal is prone to infection with various parasites, the comprehensive tool "Advocate" will help. Drops from fleas for cats, reviews about which are mostly positive, are characterized by high efficiency, ease of use, and lack of side effects.